This course discusses how marketing efforts can help improve administrators’ abilities to develop a marketing plan and use marketing tools to communicate with families about the benefits of their program. This training reinforces the belief that sound business practices the sustainability of child care businesses. Strong and sustainable child care businesses can support program initiatives aimed at improving outcomes for children.
- The following topics are covered in this training:
- Defining external and internal audiences for the purposes of marketing.
- Identifying elements of an environmental scan
- understanding the difference between communicating features and communicating benefits
- Strategically using various marketing tools
- focusing attention on building relationships and increasing communication with families in order to improve retention of enrolled families and referrals of prospective families.
The purpose of this training is to strengthen child care providers understanding of marketing tools, audiences, and elements necessary to develop a marketing plan. It encourages providers to tailor marketing practices to the audience they are trying to reach and to create effective communication strategies to promote their services.
Core Content: 7
CDA Content: 5
Training Level: 3