This training will include:
- Supporting reciprocating communication between parents and staff. Check and Connect practices that nurture relationships.
- What defines a family – how can we include and honor the child’s world outside of the child care center walls – a system’s approach.
- Addressing power struggles – parent/teacher, parent/director, parent/parent
- How to use parent engagement to support a positive classroom culture.
- Family Engagement – virtual and in-person that are inclusive to the diverse schedules of families. (digital communication, low contact alternatives, prioritizing phone calls).
- Aligning Family Engagement practices to the Kentucky Strengthening Families Protective Factors. – Identifying OUTCOMES/goals of engagement opportunities.